Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lokken Kerchief {A Triangle Addiction Begins}

Now that I have opened up my knitting world to triangular things, it seems I cannot get enough of them.  The Way From Brighton was tons of fun, I couldn't hardly put this one down, and I already have 2 more triangle shaped thingies started.


 This pattern was from the Knitscene Accessories 2012 issue, Lokken by Megi Burcl.  There were several things I love in that issue (and every issue!), and this was one of them.  At first, I didn't know if I could find a suitable substitute yarn, because the original with just two colors was so dang cute.  Then I stumbled upon this Knitpicks yarn on clearance, and decided to give it a shot.  It is not quite the same effect, but I love it just the same.


The great things I'm finding about knitting shawls/wraps/kerchiefs (triangle thingies!):
-They don't take so long that you lose interest
-They can contain interesting details (like FRINGE!!!)
-They are still somewhat portable (more than a sweater, to a certain point)
-And, they have a pretty high impact.  It's satisfying to wear it out for the first time, and you usually get comments, because they can be so unique.  They also pull together a simple outfit more, I think.

So, one of my favorite details on this project?

THE FRINGE!!!  I did color blocked on the side with the blocks, and crazy mixed up color fringe on the side with the long stripes.  I think it works better than color blocking both sides since I used a multi-color yarn.


So, that's all for now.  I'm off to knit and Ravelry stalk more triangles!

Also, here are the Ravelry details if interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment