Friday, July 16, 2010

Dress Day 2

I'm on a dress kick lately. This one is in a fun stripe pattern on super comfy knit fabric. I think this is my new favorite pattern because it only took me a day to sew it up. It's Simplicity 2865 which is a Built by Wendy design. Now I'm going to be on the hunt for more knit fabric on sale at the fabric store so I can make one in every color! Check out the racerback and fun inset on the side. Super flattering, and not too tight to make you feel like it's clinging.





If you're new to sewing, or just need some inspiration on cool things to make, I would highly recommend Wendy Mullins' books. I have the one on dresses and knit fabrics, and I've flipped through "Sew U" a few times thinking it would be a great resource for someone just starting out.

Anyone have weekend plans?? Fun projects you're trying to finish before summer slips away??

No comments:

Post a Comment