Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer So Far...

This summer has been full of mixed emotions and competing feelings. I'm taking the semester off from school, so I've been trying to soak up every moment of time that I can. It's been tough trying to relax while at the same time trying to accomplish things. I had wanted to blog more, sew a lot and start painting our house, but sometimes life has other plans. My grandpa had been in the hospital since mid-March, and we lost him the first week of June, so needless to say it's been a rough few months for my family.

One of the things I have done to try to push myself to enjoy and document this summer is to keep a journal. This is just a peek of what I've done so far, but I really love how it's turning out so far. It's making me remember to be grateful for all the opportunities this summer is giving me, and document the small moments in life that make me happier. The book is a Summer Mini-Book from Elise Blaha and I can say I will for sure be getting another one for future seasons. I've done art journaling and scrapbooking before, but never found a format I loved until now. I love the idea of keeping track of life based on the season (summer) and the non-intimidating 4x6 size of this little guy. Plus the fact that the photos my printer prints fit right in. Definitely check out her website here because she has examples of her own summer book as well. Enjoy!



I hope you are enjoying every last drop of sunlight and fun this summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment