Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vintage feather print dress

I have always loved looking at vintage patterns for inspiration, and just recently I got the opportunity to start sewing from some. My grandma let me pick out a few of hers from her stash, and this is the first one I've made up:


The date on the envelope says 1981, but it reminds me of the sort of 70's flowy hippie look, and midi-skirt length. I made it up in a fun feather print that is a silky poly blend. Not the easiest thing to sew with, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It's interesting to see how differently vintage patterns instructions are written, and I feel like I learned quite a bit from this one even though it was fairly simple. I was not sure if the length would be flattering on me, but actually it is as long as it's paired with heels. It's got an elastic waist and could be fun with different belts also. Here it is on the form, and I promise a picture on me in September :)

No comments:

Post a Comment