Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recent Finished Projects

Here are some sewing projects I finished up at the end of the school semester.

This top is an adaptation of the Cynthia Rowley pattern with cut-out shoulders, Simplicity 2406. I like how the top turned out, and I think I'll probably make one of the dress versions later.


Another Cynthia Rowley pattern, Simplicity 2512. I LOVE how this skirt turned out. I realized not long ago that I needed more skirts in my wardrobe because they work for my shape, and are just as comfy as pants. I also loved this fabric that I found at Jo-Ann's (which sadly blew away in the tornado in Joplin!!!). It reminds me of the watercolor prints that have been so hot on recent runways. Also, this skirt is probably the most professionally finished garment I've ever made with everything serged and neat on the inside.


Another skirt, this one pretty simple and self-drafted. Pretty much it's a rectangle with an elastic paper-bag waist. Cute and simple.


A scarf wrap inspired by some I saw on my trip to New York at the DKNY store. I love that place, and it's similar to their cozy, which I wear ALL THE TIME in the winter. It can be worn a couple of different ways:



A fun stripe top made with leftover fabric from this dress. The stripes were white/blue and I dyed it this aqua color because I didn't need more white stripes (I'm clumsy!). Turned out pretty cute, and is just a lengthened version of Simplicity 0447.


That's all for now, but I've got lots more show and tell on the way. Right now I have 8 garments cut out just waiting to be sewn, and a few more already done that just need to be photographed. I'm hoping this fall if I participate in Self-stitched September again, my handmade wardrobe will be a little more well-rounded to make the experience more fun than stressful! The last couple of times I got to a point where I was scraping for outfits, so the goal is lots of options, and more casual clothes this time!


No comments:

Post a Comment