Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A {Grey} Brownstone


Quite some time ago, my husband asked me when I was ever going to get around to making him a sweater.  When I stumbled onto Jared Flood's Brownstone Sweater pattern, I knew it would be a perfect pick.  It had enough details to be interesting, but was not so crazy that Matt wouldn't wear it, or that I would give up making a man-sized sweater.  


I finally got around to starting the project while he was gone for the summer doing his internship.  This allowed me to work on it in secret (for a Christmas gift), and it provided a great way to keep myself busy while I was missing him.  He was out of town from the end of May to the beginning of August, and I had finished the sleeves, and half of the body at that point.  I decided to keep it a secret, and I would knit at my parent's house here and there, or while he was at class.  It was down to the wire, but I finished it the week before Christmas and had it blocked and wrapped just in time.

Somehow, I managed to keep it a surprise, and I think he really likes it.  We finally got around to snapping some photos and he went all J.Crew on me ;)
Overall, it was a great pattern, and really the only thing I changed was that I did one button instead of two, and I did a single crochet chain for the loop closure instead of what the pattern recommends.  I'm just happy that after all that knitting the thing fits!
You can see my ravelry project page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment