Friday, February 8, 2013

Color of the Year Pants

When Pantone announced the 2013 color of the year, I was already itching to have/make something in the Emerald color.  I'm not really one to jump onto color trends unless it's a color I already like/own/wear.  I do LOVE color, though.  So it is always interesting to see the trends come out with the runway shows, and figure out how I can work something into my own looks.

Something else I really like to do is dye things.  If it is white or light colored, and made of fabric, yarn, or anything else that will take dye, it is in danger if it is in my house.  This is just as well, really, because I'm clumsy and white doesn't last long anyway.  So I had my eye out for something to dye green when I came across these pants:


There is nothing offensive about the boring grey corduroy.  Actually, they went with quite a few things in my wardrobe, but I decided they were too bland.  I looked up the color of the year dye formula, and green pants were born!


They worked pretty well in this cozy outfit.  Not sure that I will wear them tons, but they are fun, and will make me smile when I wear them, so that's all that counts in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment