Friday, September 30, 2011

Flashback Fridays: A friend and J.Crew

For Flashback Friday today, I'd like to tell you about my good friend Rudy, and J.Crew.

Rudy & I met when we were roommates interning at TOMS shoes. We were not instant friends, because it was an election year and we seemed to have nothing in common, including politics. What we did find we had in common was a love of shopping at J.Crew and Anthropologie. There were many weekends spent (window) shopping at the Grove, Beverly Center, and Third Street Promenade. Eventually we realized we had more in common than we thought, and by the end of our semester together we vowed to keep in touch. One of the things I love about Rudy is that we have often done this via good old-fashioned snail mail. I sat down this last rainy weekend and decided to make her a postcard:


The idea came from our old shopping adventures when we would peruse J.Crew, and touch each and every cashmere sweater wishing we could take it home in every color. I used a recent catalog for inspiration for an outfit, and completed it in watercolor & ink. Here is the finished product:


I do miss those shopping trips to J.Crew and Anthropologie since I do not live near either. But what I miss more is seeing my friend :)

For more Flashback Fridays, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment