Friday, September 2, 2011

Flashback Fridays: Pattern from 1983

A little something different for Flashback Friday. This time, it's a pattern from 1983 (that looks a little more 70's to me) that I used to help re-create a look from J.Crew on the right:


I used a chambray fabric, and am still looking for the right buttons, but I like how it turned out. It's a little boxy on the mannequin, but I think it's fine on me. If it bothers me when I wear it, I might go back and do tucks or darts instead of the gathers at the yoke. Here is my version of the top:


I'm pleased and I'm really excited to re-create the whole look from the catalog with my grey twill skirt, and Chuck Taylor's!

To see more Flashback Fridays click HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I can almost take the fashion that is happening (again) right now, as long as the hair doesn't repeat itself!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's so true! The hair is way worse than the fashion :)

    ReplyDelete