Sunday, September 4, 2011

Self-Stitched Sunday

Sooooooo....Here is my re-cap of the first 4 days of Self-Stitched September. So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Day 1:

Wearing-
Coffee Date Dress: Made by Me
Belt: Borrowed (Stolen) from Brother
Shoes: Fossil (back to school gift from mom, and LOVE them!)

Thoughts-
I do like this dress, but it sometimes can feel a bit formal for day-to-day. I've not worn it very many times because my husband will say "Are you going to prom today?" Ok, so it's not that formal, but his comments throw me off. I styled it with a rustic leather belt and some slingback clog-like shoes to try to casual it up a bit. Probably will wear more for special occasions in the future.

Day 2:


Wearing-
Scarf/Wrap: Made by Me
Jeans: Big Star skinnies
Tee: Victoria Secret Tee dress worn as top
Shoes: Colin Stuart fringe sandals

Thoughts-
This wrap is fun, and seems to stump people when they see it. They want to know how it works, and it's fun to show it off. I don't find it the most flattering in the above pic, but I was just wearing it for a casual comfy Friday.

Day 3:


Wearing-
Romper: Made By Me
Shoes: Fossil again (see I really love these)
Cami: ?? VS maybe

Thoughts-
I wore this out to dinner with my husband, and my brother & his girlfriend. Then some mini-golf. It fit the bill for the occasion as it was comfy, but looked a little cuter than a tee and jeans. Also, I got rid of the snap at the front center and just opted to wear a cami. This made me much less worried about showing too much with a wrong move, which is good. I'm not sure how many more wears it will get before it is out of style :)

Day 4:


Wearing-
Tee: Made By Me
Jeans: VS
Flippy Floppys

Thoughts-
Today, I just wanted to be comfy. And this works perfect. The tee is probably one of the softest and fuss-free things I own, because I left the hems raw so there is no extra friction anywhere, and the more I wash it, the softer it gets. I might need to make more of these to get through the month!

So far, so good. I'm looking forward to the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment