Monday, September 5, 2011

ModCloth Inspired Chambray Dress

Quite awhile back, I saw this dress on ModCloth, and had it saved to my inspiration folder:


(Image: Modcloth)

I love the ease of it, and the grey chambray. I also loved the lace detail at the shoulder. I decided to re-create this look with the Anda pattern from Burda. I had made this pattern before in a knit and I thought the shape would work well. I lowered the waist from the first version where it fell right below the bust.
My chambray is actually a pale grey, but it looks sort of like the classic blue color here:


Here's a close-up of the shoulder detail. I used some lace from a stash that one of my neighbor's gave me, that I thought I'd never find a purpose for. I think it works well for this project!


I also think this dress will be great for transitioning from summer to fall, as it's a little heavier weight, and will work for layering. I'm almost all finished up with my last few summer-ish projects, and then it's time to think about what I want to make for fall. Yesterday it actually felt like fall, so I'm getting a little anxious to transition my wardrobe into the new season, and plan out my sewing. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment