Monday, July 11, 2011

Crazy Green Shorts :)

So I've been seeing these cute summer shorts with crazy prints all over this year. In Anthropologie, J. Crew, and various magazines like this spread from Cosmo:


I also had some crazy floral printed linen blend fabric that I wasn't sure would ever get worn/used for anything. It's green and brown, and is actually cute, but I'm not sure it fits in with the rest of my clothes. I decided it would be a perfect candidate to test out a new pattern I had for shorts, McCall's 5391. The pattern had either a super short length or an awkward long length. I altered it to end up with a 5" inseam which is what another pair of shorts I like measures.


They turned out fine, although in the photos they look slightly more insane lol. The fit is pretty good, and I'll probably make only minor alterations if I make them again. I did quite a few top-stitching details to make them look professional and to keep the fabric more stable:


And just for fun a little outtake of my cat Chanel trying to get in on the photo action. She is used to being the subject of the photos, and couldn't figure out why I wanted her to move :)

No comments:

Post a Comment