Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July {Dress}!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope you are celebrating with the ones you love and soaking up every single drop of summer :)


I finished up this fun dress yesterday, just in time to wear for today's festivities. If I remember, I'll try to post a picture of me actually in the dress today. (Maybe with fireworks!)

It's a rayon knit made from the Vogue pattern 1224. The design is by Tracy Reese so I figured I couldn't go wrong since one of my favorite dresses that I own is by her. It was my first Anthropologie purchase....ah memories! This was a quick knit dress to put together and I omitted the tie at the neck, and made it 2" longer (thank goodness or it would have been short!). I'm not sure it will get much wear, because red isn't really my color, but it will be fun for summer, and I had the fabric in my stash from an impulse buy a while back. If I make it again, I might make it in a solid or allover floral print. Overall it is a great lightweight summer dress and will probably make it into the suitcase for National Lampoon's Branson Family vacation coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment