Friday, July 8, 2011

One Pattern, Several Ways: Part 4

Here's another variation that actually might be a stretch in the wearability category, but I like it anyway even if it just hangs on my closet door to be pretty. The idea came from this magazine spread in Cosmo:

I realized I have mass quantities of black stretch lace in my stash that might never get used. It was a gift from a neighbor who was moving, and until now, I hadn't even considered what I'd use it for. The picture of the basic lace tee in the top left corner was an aha! moment where I realized I could use some of it for this project.

It was my first time sewing with lace, and it wasn't too hard. I arranged the pattern pieces to where the scalloped edge would create the hem, and this made the sleeves a bit longer, and sort of flowy which I really like and didn't even intend. I serged all the seams so they would be enclosed. Not sure how I'm going to style this one, but as I mentioned, it's pretty enough to just be a decoration. You might have to stay tuned for Self-Stitched September to see if it actually gets any wear. Maybe I can layer it over my Basic LBD for some texture??? How would you wear it?



2 comments:

  1. I put my lace shirt over a tank top, colour dependent on outfit. A nude colored on is good too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Amber Elayne! I just hopped over to your blog and saw that you are a Gemini... me too! I'll be sure to post when I figure out how to style this thing :)

    ReplyDelete