Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One Pattern, Several Ways: Part 7, EmersonMade Inspired

This blouse was....challenging. Ha! I saw this blouse one day while perusing EmersonMade's website. I absolutely love her design aesthetic, and decided I'd try it in another variation of Simplicity 2599. The fabric is a super lightweight voile or something similar, and will probably have to be worn with a cami because it's sort of sheer. I just lowered the original neckline to a scoop, and made the pleated ruffle to go around the neckline.


That was an adventure! I started out using my ruffle foot for the pleats, but I never figured it out exactly, and couldn't get my machine settings right. After a break from the frustration caused by the ruffler, I decided to hand pleat it. I only burned myself with the iron a couple of times lol. I'm super excited to wear it for a date night soon :)

Here's a close-up of the neckline:


Although I love how it turned out, it was a lot of work! I think I might just have to buy one from EmersonMade next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment