Friday, July 15, 2011

Flashback Fridays, Blog-iversery, and 50 posts!

Wow! I have been blogging here at Sasha Makes for a whole year now. This also marks my 50th post, and I thought it was a strange coincidence. It seems that time is going more and more quickly as I get older. In that spirit, I thought it would be a fun time to introduce a new weekly(ish) series, Flashback Fridays. The idea is that I share something from the past, maybe a pattern, illustration, or like this week, a picture of one of my earlier creations:

That's me on the right, and my brother as the cowboy. I started sewing pretty young, but even before I knew how to sew, I was crafty, and this Halloween outfit is the proof. Have you figured out what it is??? Drumroll please......




A ghost-cat. HA! I didn't want to be whatever they had in the Wal-mart aisle that year, so I convinced my mom that we would take a white sheet, cut holes in it and then I painted a cat face on with puff paint. Then I wore ears and a tail that I obviously wore as a living cat from a Halloween past. Priceless really.
I hope you enjoyed the blast from the past! Anyone else have pics of creations from their youth?? Leave a link and I'll check them out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment