Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One Pattern, Several Ways

One of the gaps in my handmade wardrobe (and really overall), is cute and easy to wear tops. I was perusing blogs one day when I saw Kelli's idea over on Presser Foot. She was using a basic top pattern to create variations based on the same shape. Lucky me, the pattern she was using, Simplicity 2599, had already made it's way into my stash during a pattern sale. I hadn't used it yet, but from the reviews I looked up, the fit was good. It also offered the option for different cup sizes, which sounded good to me since I'm not blessed in that area, and always have to take things in at the bust. I made up a wearable muslin out of some cotton lawn that I had minimal yardage of. I omitted the facings and just did a serged and turned hem at the neck and sleeves. I like the button back closure, but figured out that it wouldn't be necessary on all of my versions. It turned out to be a great fit, and I've already made up some different versions that I'll share in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment