Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Pattern, Several Ways: Part 5, Anthro Inspired


Another variation of Simplicity 2599 again inspired by Kelli. Her version was inspired by a blouse from Anthropologie. Looking at Ready-to-wear clothes is one of my favorite ways to brainstorm ideas for clothing. I'm always striving for my things to look professional, and I love it when something looks like it could have been purchased at my favorite store (but I made it for a lot less!).

On this blouse I went for the ruffled sleeves like the original since I didn't have enough fabric to do a full sleeve. I think this detail might have made it just a touch too sweet for my style. I do still like it, but I might take in the gather on the ruffled sleeves to tone them down a bit. Otherwise I think it will be a fun lightweight top for the summer that will also work this fall for work!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! so cute! the fabric is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete