Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pendrell Blouse

Here is my version of the Pendrell Blouse. The pattern was really well drafted, and I didn't have to make any alterations for a perfect fit. I ended up cutting a size 8 even though my measurements would have been a 10, and it worked out great.

This photo shows the pre-hemmed length which is generous, but is actually nice for a change instead of having to lengthen everything. I used a rayon blend polka-dot fabric from my stash. It feels wonderful and drapes nicely, but was sort of a pain to lay out and keep straight! Don't look too close or you will see that the hem was terribly crooked in this photo, so I let it hang for a few days before I straightened it up and turned it under. I don't see this version being an everyday go-to, but it will be great for work in the fall.


If I make another, I might try the sleeveless version in a fun cotton, or even maybe a knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment