Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sorbetto Top

I've been sewing with slinky fabrics lately and it reminds me why I don't like using them! For this top I used the FREE Sorbetto pattern from Colette Patterns. They really have some lovely patterns and I had been thinking of purchasing a couple when they came out with this freebie. What a great way to try them out! I'm sure now that I would like to purchase a dress pattern (if I could just figure out which one!).

The fabric here was a crinkle chiffon polyester. Not the fanciest fabric, but I was really attracted to the fun print, and the black base in the color scheme means it will incorporate into my work wardrobe easily. I cut a size 10, and it really didn't take long to sew up at all. My fabric shifted and twisted, and generally tried to make it 20 times harder to make than it would have been if I would have chosen something more sensible. I'll consider this a wearable muslin, because I found out when trying it on that I should have added 4-6 inches in length. It is too short to wear on it's own, but if I layer it with a cami or tuck it into a high-waisted skirt it will work. Aside from the length, everything else about the pattern was just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment