Thursday, August 18, 2011

Custom Fabric

Have you guys heard of Spoonflower?

It is a site where you can upload your own custom fabric design and have it printed. Basically a designer or sewer's dream! Very Project Runway...I have wanted to try it out for quite a while, but was chicken to spend the money without knowing how it would turn out. Well I went to check it out again this week, and stumbled upon Free Swatch Day....yes! It just happens to start today at noon :)

I had the idea to do a funky polka dot pattern for my first one, so I made this pattern up in Photoshop. Not groundbreaking, I know lol.

{Image copyright SashaMakes}

When I uploaded it to the site, I wasn't a fan of how the repeat turned out. I'm not sure how I would need to do the edges to make it seamless, so I went back in and modified it for more of a random look:

{Image copyright SashaMakes}

I'm happy how this one turned out, so I think I'm going to order a swatch and see how it looks printed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment