Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Custom Fabric

Yay!!! I got my Spoonflower fabric swatch!

And I am super-happy I went ahead and ordered a swatch to try it out. For one thing, the silk crepe de chine fabric is exactly what I was hoping for. My print, although I do like it, I think needs to be scaled a little smaller before I order yardage. I also might mute the orange a bit so it doesn't look quite so halloween. Even though it's paired with navy, the dots sort of read as black from a distance. And yes, my high school colors were orange and black, so I try to stray from that combo. I'm thinking something more like Pantone's fall color Emberglow...What do you think?


Have you ever had your own fabric printed???

2 comments:

  1. Emberglow is beautiful and I think your swatch looks fab! I like the white accent around the navy. Subtle and very funk-i-fying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm thinking the Emberglow will be a great switch.

    ReplyDelete