Friday, August 19, 2011

Flashback Fridays: Junior Prom

My junior year prom was really exciting for me, because the junior class gets to plan the prom. We picked the theme, the venue, the decor, invites, everything. Here's a pic of me with some of my friends:


L to R: Carrie, me, Amanda, Amanda, Trisha

So I of course wanted something unique to wear. I made my dress out of a slinky fabric with glitter flowers on it. It was a two piece dress that showed a tiny sliver of midriff, and had beaded fringe hanging from the top. In the back it criss-crossed, and laced up. I was in love with this dress. We took plenty of pictures before. The one below was taken in a neighbors yard, which happens to be the house my brother bought last year. Cool, huh?


Here's a closer one, although the quality isn't great. I would have worn that dress probably everyday if I could have. The girls in the picture above had me wear it for a birthday outing to a tea room as a joke, but I don't think they had much trouble talking me into it. Even though it is totally dated, it's easily still one of my favorite handmade things ever.


For more Flashback Friday Posts, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment