Friday, August 12, 2011

Flashback Fridays: Recent(ish) Vintage Clothing Buys

So this week instead of an inspiring(embarrassing) look from my past, I'm going to show you a few of my last vintage purchases. I like shopping for vintage or secondhand clothes occasionally, but I don't have the patience for it often. I prefer to look where there is an already edited collection, so I don't have to dig through the old sweatpants and who knows what.

This dress is from my trip to NYC this last March. I found it while shopping the Flea Market Walk with my friend and colleague Holly. It's bright, crazy, and might make me look like a whacko, but I seriously don't care. It's silk, and I love the kimono sleeves and draped neckline.


This shirtdress is another NYC find. I loved the print the second I saw it and had to have it. It's a little snug, so the jury is still out on whether I will alter it into a top, or cut it apart and use the fabric for another project. Undecided.


This skirt is from my trip earlier in the week to Red Velvet in Springfield. I loved that their store was styled more like a department store, so the skirts were with other skirts, the dresses with each other, and so on. I'd had my eye out for a high-waisted pleated midi length skirt, and when I saw this blue and aqua polka-dot number, I was a goner. Plus it fit perfect, so it was a must buy. I also loved that mom & I were able to sit down and have a cupcake after some shopping. Super fun.


To read more Flashback Fridays, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment