Sunday, August 7, 2011

Self-Stitched September 2011

So it's almost here! Self-stitched September 2011. I have participated in these handmade challenges before, SSS2010, and MMM2011. My first two attempts weren't quite as successful as I'd hoped, because I really just got back into sewing my own clothes about a year ago. They did make me more aware of ways to work my handmade clothes in with my ready-to-wear garments to make more interesting combos. This time, I feel much more prepared, since I've been sewing all summer, and I have lots more garments to work for different parts of my life...work, casual, dates, etc. So here's the pledge:

'I, Sasha, of sashamakes.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade clothing item each day for the duration of September 2011'

This time I'm not including accessories or re-fashions, because I want to literally wear handmade each day. I will be including sewn, and knitted garments, the latter of which I really don't have any finished, but am working on a cardigan. It will be more challenging, but certainly fun to mix and match everything! Will anyone out there be joining me? If you want to learn more, go here, or click on the logo on my sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment