Friday, August 5, 2011

Flashback Fridays: Sweetheart dress

Another installment of Flashback Fridays :)

This is a dress I made for a sweetheart dance my sophomore year of high school, that I then wore to National Honor Society induction. Yes. I was a nerd. Ok, glad that's settled.


Sorry for the lackluster photo above, but that's what happens when you have the gym lights out for a candle-lighting ceremony. The dress was a two-piece, ice blue satin. My grandmother recommended that I use another fabric. I took that as a challenge. It certainly caused me some headaches, especially with sewing it on the garage sale sewing machine I had been using. I believe it was after this, though, that my mom realized maybe sewing wasn't just a phase, and I actually needed a new machine. She took me to get one with my grandma (the one who discouraged the use of satin), and we picked out a Singer school model. It's the one I still use today!



This photo had to be included if for no other reason than embarrassing my classmates. Left to right that's Evan, Carrie, Amanda, John Tom, Me, and Kristen. You're welcome :) Don't we look snazzy???

To see more Flashback Friday, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment