Monday, August 15, 2011

Anthro Inspired Tee

As you know by now, I love Anthropologie. I don't have one that close to where I live, though, so usually I check it out on vacation or via catalog/online. I saw this t-shirt on their site a while back:

(Image: Anthropologie)

I love the look of it, but the price was pretty steep for a t-shirt, and I was thinking I could make it myself out of some green jersey knit that I had lingering in my stash. I cut out the shirt with the same pattern I used on the striped Tee in this post. I knew I wanted it slightly slouchy, and simple in shape to show off the embellishment. It hung out in my unfinished pile until this weekend where I sit down to embellish and then sew it up.


I now know why the original costs so much. It took me probably 4 hours to apply the applique and beads. Maybe 10 minutes to stitch up the shirt. 4 hours is a long time, and it's not perfect, but I do love how it turned out. I applied fusible knit interfacing to the back to support the weight of the decorations, and then I hand stitched bias knit strips in a similar pattern. Here's a close-up shot!


I think it's a keeper! I'm super excited to mix it in during Self-Stitched September, because I've been needing more comfy tops with a little something extra to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment